In the end, five different husband and wife couples each
bought a parcel.
Each couple had previously owned a different type of business (one ran a
general store), and each bought a parcel for the purpose of growing a
From the information provided, determine the husband (Franz, Galen, Herm,
Ike, or JJ) and wife (Katrina, Lorraine, Myrtle, Norma, or Olga) in each
couple, their shared last name and former business, and the crop that each
intends to farm, as well as the number of acres that each bought.
1. The couple who will grow peppers bought exactly
seven acres, which is either exactly one acre more or less than was
purchased by the couple who will grow wheat.
2. Mr. and Mrs. Akers intend to grow soybeans.
3. The couple that will grow sorghum (who used to own an antiques shop)
bought exactly one more acre than Galen and his wife (who will grow
4. Franz and Norma bought the largest parcel, which totals exactly ten
acres. JJ and his wife bought exactly one more acre than the Daltons.
5. Olga and her husband bought more acres than the couple that used to own
a bookstore. Herm Egan can't wait to begin his new life as a farmer.
Neither can Myrtle. Ike and his wife used to own an oil and lube car shop.
6. Karina Banks and her husband purchased exactly one more acre than Mr.
and Mrs. Conyers (who previously owned a restaurant). Lorraine is not Mrs.